Safety Tip Sheet – Ergonomics
Faculty, staff or students concerned about the setup of their work stations have several Environmental
Health and Safety (EH&S) resources they can turn to for help. EH&S often finds that simple adjustments
to office, laboratory or clinic furniture and equipment set-ups can resolve most issues. To address any
ergonomic concerns, please follow the steps below:
- Report your concern to your manager or supervisor.
- Take the online Ergonomics Self Evaluation assessment to determine what adjustments you
need to make to your work station. If you are incapable of taking the online assessment, please
contact EH&S at 314-362-6816.
- If working in a laboratory, also complete the Laboratory Ergonomics Self-Evaluation Checklist,
which can be found at this link.
- Ergonomics training for laboratory employees is found at this link.
- Information on the University’s Ergonomic Guidelines can be found here.
- After adjusting your workstation per the self-evaluation checklists’ guidance, if problems persist, contact EH& for a consultation.
- If needed, the Insurance and Risk Management Office, Human Resources (HR) and EH&S may
seek assistance from the University’s Occupational Medicine Provider