WashU psychiatry faculty are hosting weekly, confidential Zoom support groups to help employees cope during these challenging times. Details are on the HR Mental Health Resources page.
Current topics include:
- Mondays — Quarantine Support Group, 10-11 a.m.; Frontline Support Group, 4-5 p.m.
- Tuesdays — Coffee and Questions: Ask the Expert, 8-9 a.m.; Frontline Support Group, 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesdays — Integrated Wellness, 2-3 p.m.
- Thursdays — Staying Connected: Navigating Close Relationships Through Tough Times, 3-4 p.m.
- Fridays — Frontline Support Group, 10-11 a.m.; Inside Out: Creative Expression Despite Uncertainty, 12-1 p.m.; Managing Worry, 1-1:30 p.m.
Edge for Scholars.org: A web-based forum with all sorts of information to support an academic physician including:
- “Think you are an Imposter?”: https://edgeforscholars.org/think-youre-an-imposter-heres-how-to-know-for-sure/
- “Scholarly Activities for a Remote Research Lab”: https://edgeforscholars.org/scholarly-activities-for-a-remote-research-lab/
- Mindfulness apps: https://edgeforscholars.org/just-breathe-mindfulness-apps-in-the-age-of-anxiety/
The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Health Care. “The Schwartz Center’s mission to put compassion at the heart of healthcare holds true no matter how extraordinary or difficult the circumstances.” Website offering a wide range of resources including webinars on managing fear and stress, communication, providing good leadership during emergencies, and more.
- American Academy of Pediatrics video talk on “Resilience in Stressful Times”